A bit chesty. is it still ok to run.

1 message
05/04/2013 at 18:08

I am supposed to be running a half marathon on Sunday. Haven't raced for a long time due to work and injury. Finally got fit and had more free time. Felt a little rough at the start of the week. But did 7 miles on Monday, circuits on Tuesday and 5 miles on Wednesday. Seem to feel a lot better. Iwas a little chesty this morning but generally feel ok, ran about half a mile and started to cough a lot. Had to stop and walk for half a minute then ran 3.5 miles at a steady pace without any major problems. I do have asthma. Would it be advisable to race on Sunday, genarally feel fine, but wouldn't want to cough my guts up all the way round. Just a little in patient as I haven't raced for a while too.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.