A Thread for all the Lizards amongst us.

12 messages
24/02/2013 at 15:20

Oh I thought the thread was for David Icke's reptilian masters of the universe.  Disappointed.

24/02/2013 at 15:32

My skin is usually O.K. but cold weather can cause little razor type slashes on my legs.

I use E45 cream as a daily facial aftershave treatment each morning (in preference to designer stuff) and use E45 lotion after baths/showers.

I also use Doublebase when running in cold weather though E45 does just as well. Doublebase is also useful for eczema/psoriasis.

24/02/2013 at 15:41

I tried Doublebase and liked it but regularly use Oilatum, I found it better than E45. No idea about mixing it though

24/02/2013 at 16:00
What Sudocrem?
24/02/2013 at 16:01
Try the Vaseline in the green tin really good
24/02/2013 at 16:12
I use a thin layer of Vaseline on my face, it was recommended by someone on here who's a nurse, it works like a barrier and sweat just rolls off. I did 18 miles this morning and my skin is peachy

I don't find it any good for lips tho, for running I'll use a thick waxy lip salve like lipsyl or own brand equivalent, smaller than a tube of lipstick so you can take it with you if you want.
24/02/2013 at 16:15
It works for cradle cap too bet you ??20 it works;-)
24/02/2013 at 16:31

Sudocrem is always my go to cream...never tried it before running...but always wonderful afterwards. 
Lips I also struggle with. Have a terrible habit of licking my lips and with the cold weather it makes them just painful! 

24/02/2013 at 16:36
Sudocrem was like paint stripper on my babies' bums. Metanium was brilliant but has a texture like wet concrete - might not be a great look for your face
24/02/2013 at 21:34

I get really bad hands now, the face doesn't do too badly but my hands are terrible. And I've been running in gloves but that doesn't cut it.... I have old man hands!

26/02/2013 at 16:49

Hi KK, you could try aqueous cream. Big tub cost about £2 from Tesco. I use it after a run / shower. You have to let it soak in for a minute or two but it's the only thing that works on me.

26/02/2013 at 17:09
I keep seeing adverts for Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream, which was apparently used on some expedition to Greenland. I'd be interested to know if anyone's tried it as it's pretty expensive (??24 for a small pot) to try on a whim.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
12 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.