Achey foot ?

3 messages
21/06/2011 at 22:23

I did a half marathon a couple of weeks ago and after the arch of my left foot, on top and underneath was aching.

After a few days it went away. Now everytime I've run since it comes back. The ache underneath the arch normally goes away soon after but on top of my foot aches a bit longer. I can also sometimes feel it when I run.

Has anyone experienced similar or does anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks

22/06/2011 at 16:23
22/06/2011 at 18:21
There could be a number of things going on here. My first thought is a possible beginning of a stress fracture. Go back and review your mileage and see if possible overtraining could have occurred. Make sure your footwear has not broken down. If you are experiencing arch tightness-place a tennis ball or golf ball under your arch and roll your arch back and forth over it. Place more weight on areas that are a little tender. this will loosen up the arch and feel great afterwards. You could find more techniques a www.varietytrainer.com . Hope some of that helps.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.