Achilles / Ankle Injury & Barefoot Running

21 to 21 of 21 messages
03/09/2012 at 19:12
As discussed above posture and by default core strength are really important for solid form. IMHO form is everything in running - watching a top quality distance runner like a Kenyan is a lesson in form and efficiency. Most top distance runners have a cadence of around 180 - I now measure mine using my Garmin 310XT with the footpod - this not only gives me instant readout but also an average over the whole run. On slower distance runs I struggle to get to 180 but am around 175 even at 8+ min miling. When I speed up it naturally goes to 180 and above.

Try practising on the treadmill - it is easy to count with the time readout - I tend to do it for 15 seconds and then multiply by four. As mentioned above try running much slower with small light footfalls before speeding up...

Good topic!

Nick

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 21 of 21 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.