Achilles pain caused by shoes rubbing

Ok to continue?

5 messages
15/08/2006 at 09:37
I've changed from my beloved Asics 1090 recently to Asics 1110, on advice of running shop (and there's no chance of finding the 1090s any more!) and my left achilles tendon is aching like mad.

I've had a week's rest, thinking it was just very tight after recent v.long run, did the icing/elevating routine and it was better until I put my shoes on yesterday to do a short run. I think it could just be that the shoe is rubbing against the tendon.

So, is it ok to carry on with a grimace on my face, or do I need to take it more seriously?

Ta x
15/08/2006 at 11:04
Don't run if its sore, you will regret it!
Better to wait until it is completely healed before you run on it. I had this a few weeks ago and was out for four weeks (very frustrating) - and it only hurt when I put my running shoes on. I got lots of deep tissue massage and bought new running shoes and it has been fine since.

I think you should take the 1110's back to the running shop and tell them they gave you the wrong shoes.
15/08/2006 at 11:19
:( That's all bad news! I wish I could afford to get a lovely sports massage because I know it would help all my niggles at the moment, but bit skint.

Thanks for the advice FlipFlop - that's what I'm wearing right now and all is fine!
15/08/2006 at 12:51
A Princess ... there was a thread yesterday (can't remember the title) from somebody from London who was looking for volunteers as he/she is completing their massage qualification (I think)

I'd have a nosy back through and see if you can find it!
15/08/2006 at 13:48
Ah, that's a good idea stumpy! I will have a look, thanks.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.