Achilles Tendon Damage

1 message
16/09/2002 at 15:21
Hi,

I recently had the mis-fortune to snap my Achilles Tendon whilst playing squash (Another one of my passions besides running). I am currently in plaster and am told this will be on my leg for about 10 to 12 weeks at which point I will start physio. The injury is going to heal naturally and I have not had surgery as can sometimes be reccommended for this type of problem. Has anyone had a similar problem? Any advice on my future running prospects would be appreciated, particulaly time scales etc. before i can start running again. The internet articles I have read describe this injury as typically happening to 'Middle aged sportsmen' which I guess pretty well describes me.

Cheers,

Rob G

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.