Achilles Tendonitis

21 to 22 of 22 messages
14/11/2012 at 20:20
I was diagnosed with achillis tendonitis at the beginning of September after too much hill reps and intense running. I have not run for 7 weeks and am under a sports physio. lots of heel reps, icing twice a day and wobble board exercises. Hoping to be running again in 2 weeks although I've been told my first run will be slow and 20 minutes with 2days rest in between! Hopefully will be fit enough to do Barcelona marathon next year along with few more races booked too! But have been told that the injury might not ever go away but will be something I have to learn to cope with. Have been doing lots of cross training instead but it's driving me mad!!
14/11/2012 at 20:43
I had this for 3 years and no matter what I did I could not get rid of it, I did heel drops, physio, icing and nothing worked fully....I then spent the best ??20 I ever have and bought some Scholl Orthaheel insoles, within 3 weeks of running with these in place of my normal insoles my Achilles problem of 3 years had gone completely!!...

Hope this helps you the same way it did me as I had just learned to accept the pain.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 22 of 22 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.