ACL & PCL injury advice

share your stories with me

21 to 26 of 26 messages
17/10/2008 at 20:29
That would be great - fingers crossed!
21/10/2008 at 15:48

Peroni,

I had reconstructive surgery on my ACL 7 weeks ago and i thought my recovery was going well.

I seen the consultant a few days ago and he was not happy with my extension and bend and wants my Physio to be more aggresive and if thing do not improve in 3 weeks he says he may need to operate again.

How was your extension and bend of the knee after 7 weeks ?

Were you still walking with a slight limp ?

21/10/2008 at 23:36

I feel like a fake on here now.

Feel terrible for you both, and SP ... that must be mental torture ... just when it's\looking up.

I do think I know how it feels though, thought I was here for a fair few weeeks and it's soul destroying. Peroni is a great influence though ....

Peroni, hope running again is going well

22/10/2008 at 13:52

You poor thing. When I was at physio for the first time post op about 2 weeks she was not happy at all but she then started pushing me a bit harder which did seem to work. Now I am about 15 weeks and if I am having a bad day I still walk with a bit of a limp but I think I probably did most of the time at 7 weeks. My extension came quite easily but flexion took a lot longer. My physio said that flexion does tendto take quite a while.

I really hope they do not need to operate again and have my fingers crossed for you. I think with this operation that it is a really long hard slow road to recovery and you just need to make sure you have the right people around you supporting you as sometimes you really need your friends!!

Caz, I have managed 2 runs outside now, ruunning 4 mins, walking 2 mins for half an hour. I knwo it is not much but it feels great after so long!

24/10/2008 at 08:05

That's great news Peroni

After 6 weeks of not running I did 2x3M, then 2x8M and was really hungry to get back into running. Decided, against my better judgement, to run Cardiff Half last Sunday, with a p.w and a run/walk regime in mind to cover the distance. However, all went suprisingly well. Think I needed it mentally as I've been feeling slow and struggling with longer runs and really quite depressed that I'm learning to run all over again (walking lots during the 2x8M). Somehow though, I managed to run the whole thing with out stopping/walking and did so in very evenly split 8:30min/miling. Couldn't believe it!! So keep thinking positive and keep the running sessions up. If you're mentally focussed you'll be up and at it in no time

24/10/2008 at 18:04
Well done you! That is great news. I think it will be a very long time till I am doing anything like that! Am looking forward to the day that I can though!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.