Advice Needed

4 messages
02/09/2002 at 10:40
Morning All,
I was wondering if anyone could help with with my query. I run quite a bit and enter races every so often. However I have chrohn's disease and therefore my body doesn't absorb all the nutriens and goodness out of the food I eat as it should (so I'm told) I've tried asking my doctor about supplements, dietry advice etc but he says I should wait until I see my hospital consultant and ask him - problem is I'm not seeing him until 24 Sep whereas my next race is on 22 September. Does anyone know anything that I should be doing to get the most from what I'm eating as I really want to go for a good time ion 22 Sep.
Thanks
02/09/2002 at 10:43
My spelling is so bad today!!! Too used to doing spellcheck
02/09/2002 at 16:18
There's a sports company called Be-well that's quite passionate about nutrients and the immune system.

Their drink Breakthrough is very good - tastes foul, but full of wholesome things. It's a slightly eccentric company, but very straight - Paula Radcliffe uses them, for instance.

good luck!

Sean, Runner's World
02/09/2002 at 16:27
Thanks Sean

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.