Advice please!

3 messages
25/11/2008 at 15:08
I have had some knee discomfort so being on the safe side cut down on my running,stretched,iced and made an appointment to see a physio.The appointment is on Thursday.
Anyway he advised me (on the phone) to still go out running but cut back a little.So I did go out and run 4 miles a few days ago,the knee although a bit stiff with a little discomfort when I started eased during the run.When I got home I stretched really well(much more thoroughly than I've ever done before) and sat with it elevated and iced it for about 15 minutes.I've since done another 4 miles and done the same really good stretching and icing afterwards.
Now touch wood since then the knee has felt fine!Just a bit stiff when I first get out of bed.I've carried on doing some good stretches.
Now I'm wondering whether I still need to see the physio on Thursday.Do I save my hard earned or still go and see him for he to check me over etc???
Not sure what to do!
25/11/2008 at 15:14
My honest advice would be to use the money and go to see him. It will set your mind at rest and also there could be a problem which still allows you to run but everytime you run you are actually doing more damage so it is worth finding out.
26/11/2008 at 10:29

Agree with Peroni. 

Or run but don't stretch or ice afterwards and see if the pain returns?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.