Ankle pain, getting worse

1 message
11/08/2012 at 22:47

My ankle hurts and I have no idea why.

It's been twingeing a bit after some previous runs (very short, between 1.5 and 2.2 miles over the last two weeks) but only when walking - I could do circles with it with no pain. It also seemed to ease off during the day and didn't hurt at all when running.

This morning my ankle didn't feel too bad - it did twinge a bit when walking on it but didn't last (although it did return if I sat down for a bit and then stood up and walked). It really wasn't too bad though, so I went for a 2.5 mile run this morning, was quite enjoying it after the first ten minutes, the plan was to end up at the sports centre to join some friends for squash.

My ankle felt fine all through the run and then all through three games of squash. It ached a bit this afternoon, but sadly has got worse. I'm now sitting with a freezer pack on it and it hurts right inside the joint. My knee also hurts that's a long standing thing to do with not enough core strength, hip strength and ankles moving too much. I overpronate a lot and changed to motion control trainers about 2 months ago.

I thought the ankle pain which only started about 3 - 4 weeks ago, then mostly went, was my ankles getting used to the new trainers.

Now I'm not sure.

I think it could be one of four things;

Getting used to new trainers, and will sort itself out.

A random injury (but I haven't twisted it or anything)

Playing squash today with all the twisting and turning (hadn't played for about 6 months until today).

The trainers aren't suitable for my ankles.

What is most likely?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.