Ankles and Feet - please help

3 messages
28/12/2002 at 17:29
I have just got back into running after a very long break. I have never had problems with my ankles before but they are now very painful. They hurt when I first start every run, every time my foot hits the ground, but the pain usually goes as I continue. In the last few days I have run a lot and now my ankles hurt even though I am currently not doing anything. My feet are a bit sore, and if I wiggle my toes my ankle feels worse. Anyone know what I have done, what to do about it, or how to prevent it in the future? Any help is very much appreciated!
28/12/2002 at 17:49
Just the usual RICE and then try again - unless you have put on a lot of weight or something obvious that might make a difference if they used to be OK its probably just a matter of conditioning them again. If the pain got worse while running I'd be a bit more concerned.
28/12/2002 at 18:39
Thanks - I wont panic about it then.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.