Anti inflammatory drugs

6 messages
25/05/2011 at 21:08

I think I've just diagnosed myself with hipbursitis after a bit of internet research!!

The treatment recommends anti inflammatory drugs. can anyone tell me if these are available over the counter?

25/05/2011 at 21:14
It's not a good idea to diagnose over the internet. I suggest you go and see your GP and get a professional to look at you. A doctor will be able to recommend a course of treatment suitable to your particular symptoms.
25/05/2011 at 21:22
I have to agree with ANTB, see your gp as anti-inflammatory drugs (even OTC ones) can lead to stomach ulcers, or worse, if taken without proper medical advice.

I hope you get it sorted!
25/05/2011 at 22:09

if it is painful it probably is inflammed so i doubt it'd do any harm to give them a go, just don't have them on a empty stomach. Ibuprofen is very cheap over the counter.

or..... you could ice it regularly to take down the inflammation.

25/05/2011 at 23:04
Please go and get a proper diagnosis from your doctor.   NSAIDS , even the OTC ones have side effects.  This is not a guessing game, it's your long term health.  Proper diagnosis first, then start looking at various treatments.
26/05/2011 at 07:06

Go and see a Dr!

However, Ibuprofen are very very effective anti-inflammatories BUT are not to be taken long term!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.
Forum Jump  

RW competitions

RW Forums