Antibiotics

can i run now. please?

3 messages
12/05/2009 at 11:07
I have been on antibiotics for a week (last dose this am) for a throat infection. i feel great now but want to start run walking tonight at club night. can i or do i need to wait a couple of days before the penicillin is out of my system?
am keen to start as i have entered a race (my first in about 18 months) for 7th june!!!
12/05/2009 at 11:12
penicillin won't affect your performance in any way - the residual throat infection might..........if you feel fine, go for it but take it easy
12/05/2009 at 11:15
thanks FB. not worried about it affecting my performance as i am too slow anyway. the penicillin has well and truly knocked the throat infection on the head; i feel 100% better. will be taking it easy though on your recommendation. thanks again.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.