Arch pain: Pulling up?

13 messages
14/06/2005 at 20:36
Hi,
On my last two runs I've suddenly had quite a lot of pain in the top of the arch of my right foot. I've been thinking about it and on both times it occurred just after I pulled up having achieved my distance - first time at 10k, second at 5k. Could I be doing something odd when I stop? Or could it be something else?
Thanks!
15/06/2005 at 22:03
How long have you had your current shoes RR??
16/06/2005 at 11:52
New yearish. I worked out I've probably done 280 miles so should be fine. I went to Run and Become to check again that the shoes were right and they said no problem. :o(
16/06/2005 at 12:03
Sounds like a weird one, so you hav eno discomfort when u run? only when u stop?
16/06/2005 at 12:15
Yup, and nothing when I walk, no tenderness to the touch. Very weird.
16/06/2005 at 14:37
Strange one that, have u tried a physio??
16/06/2005 at 15:04
Will have to I think! :O(
16/06/2005 at 15:31
Good luck Rachael, sorry I can't help.
17/06/2005 at 01:51
I have used lots of products over the last few years.. you may want to take a look at the PSC from the makers of the pattstrap. It has helped me with my plantar facilitis and should help you with your Arch as well.
17/06/2005 at 13:43
Thanks John! I'll give it a try!
18/06/2005 at 14:53
Check out www.egoscue.com

I am a postural alignment therapist practising this method in southeast London.
Through personal experience, chronic pain and injury, I know it works - permanently!

Pam
ashtangipam@yahoo.co.uk
20/06/2005 at 23:12
It does sound like you coude have Plantar fascitis. I ha a bout last year and went through 3 months of physio and new orthotics, all to no avail.

I happened to mention it to a friend who is an osteopath and she gave me a pretty brutal, but extremely effective massage to the soles of my feet. The effect was (almost) instantaneous.

I repeated the massages daily and really got in there, with my knuckles (don't forget to use a little massage oil though). I've now been PF Free for about 12 months and if I when I occasioanlly feel its in danger of returning I get stuck in there again with my brutal massage regime and away it goes

PS my Osteopath is German, so what seems like a rough and tough massage to me is probably faether like and silken to her!
21/06/2005 at 18:50
If it is PF, you can buy arch supports in Boots for about £25 - by Orthoheel (?) I think. Bought some last year, wore them in all my shoes for about 6 months, now OK. Just have to wear the sport ones in my running shoes because otherwise I get pains in my heels.
Good luck, but whatever it is I wouldn't leave it unchecked. GP's have a fairly brutal test for PF, but it does leave you in no doubt!!:o

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
13 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.