Arghhh - niggling leg pain!

1 message
14/08/2010 at 20:12

OK, so I know this is a bit of a random post but am getting very frustrated! I'm currently training (3x a week) for the Windsor Half in Sept. Long runs currently around 9 miles. I keep getting different problems in my right leg....so far I have got hip pain after a run (not during it, but ran to the train stn and had to get straight on the train - by the time i got off I couldn't move), I've had a sore thigh (at the back - assuming hamstring?), for which I took it easy for a week. Then today was finishing my LSR (downhill so fairly fast) and at the bottom of the hill my right knee gave up completly! Had to walk for 5 mins then slowly jogged home. The knee feels OK now, but instead my hip has started hurting again - what the hell is going on here?! I've been really careful in not upping training too much. I suppose maybe I am running a bit fast but not too much. I've just bought a new pair of trainers in case that is the cause (don't think they had worn out!). It's always my right leg. Otherwise I feel fine, could have gone on today for longer but keep getting stopped by these seemingly random aches and pains!

Any advice/thoughts - please?!

Thanks,

Sara

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.