Arthroscopy/knee operation

21 to 23 of 23 messages
13/02/2003 at 21:32
Well, after a podiatrist telling me he was sure I had a torn meniscus and likewise an Orth. Surgeon I decided to make sure, before having keyhole surgery, and paid myself for an MRI scan. Am I glad I did, I don't have any tear at all but Chondromalacia Patellae so it's physio for me and no surgery !! My advice to anyone who has been told they need surgery is to have a scan to make sure.
14/02/2003 at 07:31
In reply to TugBoat, I thaink that Asics are probably the best shoe for all round stability & weight etc. Lots of the other main brands are tainted with the "fashion" requirements....

Day 6 post Arthor Asky: Up to 20 miles a day on the bike (no incline or standing up on pedals). Walking fine. Up & down satirs fine. Still a little bruising. No regrets...
14/02/2003 at 08:24
I'm glad it worked for you ermintrude, but might I add that generally a scan of the knee is no often no better than the hands of a good knee surgeon (most of the time) and is not 100% either eg someone might have a flap of cartilage that only pops up now and again and might not be spotted if it was lying flat at the time of the scan, or the syymptoms might be such that an arthroscopy is warranted whatever the scan showed
..so like anything no definite right or wrong, but like I say glad it worked for you

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.