Aspirin for long haul flight

What's the latest thinking?

4 messages
12/06/2005 at 18:18
Am off to US on Thursday complete with family (why would anyone do that voluntarily? I hear you ask). I haven't flown long haul for years and wondered if the advice was still to take a 75mg aspirin the day you fly to help prevent DVT ( along with being well hydrated and moving around the plane). Anyone have any advice?
Thanks
12/06/2005 at 18:33
I would take it 2 or 3 days before so you are covered for the flight and for a couple of days after
aspirins effect lasts for 5 days
12/06/2005 at 18:51
Thank you. Will do!
15/06/2005 at 00:06
Here is a useful article from the Department of Health covering the latest view - basically they say discuss with your doctor if you are in a high risk group:

http://www.dh.gov.uk/PolicyAndGuidance/HealthAndSocialCareTopics/BloodSafety/DVT/DVTArticle/fs/en?CONTENT_ID=4071438&chk=2OT7NG

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.