BACK PAIN

4 messages
09/09/2010 at 19:25
Just started running again after many many years, only doing 2.5 miles at the moment but got half way through my run and my back ceased up absolute agony stopped me in my tracks.   I warm up and warm down doing stretches has anyone else experienced same problem ? and how did you combat it maybe different stretching exercises ?   thanks
10/09/2010 at 19:16

....don't overstretch your low back - try to get the top bit (thoracic spine) moving.

Oh, and don't run chair shaped

HW

10/09/2010 at 19:19
Thanks HW
14/09/2010 at 13:24
Not sure this is directly related (or that helpful therefore!) but I have been having back problems on and off for about 9 months and found that visiting a chiropractor and religiously following the exercise advice for strengthening the back muscles and taking it very steadily when returning is the boring but only reliable way round the problem.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.