Bad Chest

( not in the Jordan sense of the phrase)

8 messages
cougie    pirate
08/10/2002 at 16:39
Fed up. Started with a cold last week, and now it's gone onto my chest so I'm all phlegmmy - mmmm - nice.

Any idea how long this takes to clear up ? I'm being sensible and not exercising (any excuse) but wanted to run a 10k at the weekend. Now looking a bit dodgy for me. :-(
cougie    pirate
09/10/2002 at 17:06
Doctor doctor - fading fast....

Anyone else got this horrible chest ? I keep seeing runners going past and I have an urge to trip them all up. Not fair. I wanna play too.

I'm sulking.....
10/10/2002 at 08:19
Here I go again.

If you're sick don't run. Plenty of rest, fluids with some Paracetamol if you have a fever. If the symptoms get worse, or persist for more than a few days go to your GP.

DO NOT run this weekend, even if you're starting to feel better. In a competitive situation you will try harder and be braver, if oyu are sick you risk doing permanent damage.

See my previous rants about running with a virus :-))

get well soon - and don't sulk too much - you'll be back before you know it.

cougie    pirate
10/10/2002 at 09:43
Thanks Simon.

I have been a good patient, and not run so far, but today my chest seems to be better. But my energy levels are low, so weekend does seem a bit silly.

Thanks again.
10/10/2002 at 11:52
Cougie - might be worth trying Potter's Vegetable Cough Remover...if you're okay with the taste of liquorice. I always take it when I have a cold or cough and it works a treat. I'm not a big fan of herbal remedies normally, but this is one that does seem to do its stuff.
cougie    pirate
10/10/2002 at 13:02
Thanks Meerkat - I'll have a look for it at the weekend. It's not Harry Potters is it ?
10/10/2002 at 13:31
No, sadly not - although the list of ingredients reads like Hagred's shopping list...should be quite widely available: I got some in a Holland and Barret's in Bridgwater a couple of weekends ago.
cougie    pirate
11/10/2002 at 15:59
H & B's it is then ! Ta.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.