Badly sprained ankle

OUCH! A timely reminder....

21 to 24 of 24 messages
cougie    pirate
16/09/2002 at 16:46
Well I've had the wobble board for about 5 days now, and really think its helped me. My ankle feels lots stronger, and I actually enjoy being on the wobble board.

So does my wife, as I can do the dishes at the same time as heal my ankle. Everyone wins !
jem
17/09/2002 at 07:50
cougie - great stuff with the wobble board -i, too, have noticed a definite improvement whilst using it. I've also been using an activa disc (wobble disc), which has also helped alot (i've actually been using it to help with my posture more than anything else as it makes a GREAT seat cushion)!

:) jem
cougie    pirate
17/09/2002 at 11:28
Wobble disc might be handy for my wife - she left her job as a secretary after having back pain although she swapped her chair around 100's of times to cure it. Now she's a Fitness instructor and her back is fine. Weird - sitting down is bad, but jumping around is good.

Cheers Jem !
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
17/09/2002 at 22:10
Yeah I can relate to that! Sitting at a computer 8 hours a day at work can cause very bad back problems, I never had any until the beginning of the year when I was flat on my back for a couple of weeks with excruciating lumbar pain. The doc said to make sure I get up at least 5 mins every hour and stretch. Never get any pain while exercising - think it's because sitting in a chair in front of a pc you are generally in the same position all the time. Anyway, I've put this on another thread, but I swear by an American product called Air Cast - it's 2 rigid plastic pieces with a material strip that goes under your foot, and it's held on with Velcro straps, once you have it on air is pumped into the side bits until they fit your calf properly. It's designed to be worn with running shoes, and once on you can run almost normally, certainly can bike, and it shortens recovery time. Both my husband John and myself suffered ankle injuries a couple of weeks before Ironman triathlon (though in different years)and both of us managed to complete the event after using Air Cast to recover. You can begin to walk and run normally as soon as the swelling goes down. John actually did Ironman while wearing his!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.