Bakers cyst

5 messages
27/01/2013 at 20:36

HI, had a scan of my knee because of regular pain after running and it appears that i have a bakers cyst. my GP said that they dont tend to drain the cyst because they do reoccur. (NHS cost???))

i can run, but my leg is very painful after a run. and i feel that i cant really push myselft becuase my knee is a bit sore whilst i run.

anyone out there running with a bakers cyst? what do you do to relieve the pain and disconfort? looking forward to reading your comments. will be appreciated.thanks

28/01/2013 at 09:15

Had one post op...apparently not that rare, If it goes firm get the could ask quack for a cortisone shot. I had one and it helped healing immensely. Literally could not bend the joint pre-shot.That was April last year and cyst free since

05/02/2013 at 11:55

HI Straycelt,

thanks for your reply? did you have to ask your GP for it or did he suggest it. I am in pain when bending my knee after a run, and would really like to get it sorted. thanks

03/07/2013 at 13:41

Hi Mariam

Did you get it sorted? I've been having dreadful pains down the back of my leg after running, so I went to see the physios. She's told me it's likely to be a baker's cyst. I'm desperate to get it fixed. Did you keep running despite having the cyst?

01/10/2013 at 16:26

Hi Miriam, just posted very simliar! have you got it sorted yet? if so how?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.