bakers cyst

3 messages
20/12/2006 at 15:45
Ihave a lump behind my knee and sometimes I feel like my knee is full of fluid was told I might have a baker cyst. Anybody ever had this and what was the outcome?
21/12/2006 at 13:38
clooney - sounds as though it could be a Baker cyst, which is a type of synovial cyst and nothing to worry about. It may well go away of its own accord, though obviously you should get it checked out by a doctor.

Hopefully one of the docs on here will see this soon and give you a fuller reply...
10/02/2009 at 22:18
I just had a fist sized Baker's cyst removed last week! There was not tear and I am hypothesizing that the cause of this cyst was from wearing MBT shoes.  Although I have always been a runner, I have never had any issues whatsoever with my legs...it is awfully coincidental that this problem began last summer when I started wearing these shoes for work and play.  Has anyone encountered the same result? I may be 1 in 1000 I don't know...recovery is killing me!!! No running for 3 months!!! I see a doc Thurs and hope he will scale that down...I asked the surgeon if he could take pictures of the cyst during surgery...they are something!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.