Becoming Breathless on Running

5 messages
11/05/2013 at 13:25

I've been running for many years now with little complications. I completed 2 half marathons in the autumn of 2012, quite satisfactorily. Towards the end of January I started to slow down and become breathless easily. I think it had something to do with the severe winter we have experienced this year. Last week I struggled to complete a 10K- personal worst, last year I achieved a personal best for the same course, that's 7 minutes down. I'm currently having blood tests with my GP, but I was wondering if anybody else has had similar experience, especially after this winter?

11/05/2013 at 13:56

I'd go and get a complete medical if I were you.

11/05/2013 at 17:28

Lung x ray soonest at the very minimum, speaking from the experience of a friend.

12/05/2013 at 10:43

Having spoken to your gp already I am sure you have done the right thing - so fingers crossed - it could be something as simple as overtraining -

12/05/2013 at 23:21

Late onset asthma?  Happened to me a few years ago.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.