Best sports bra?

Best sports bra?

21 to 40 of 55 messages
02/02/2009 at 12:46

This is great!  I thought I was the only one with this problem...  My recommendation is to wear 2 at the same time, a shock absorber and then a Jockey Sport... then a skin t-shirt and then a running shirt.  Alternatively have a reduction - ouch!!!

30/03/2009 at 00:41
I bought a sports bra from Asda for about £5. Its seems okay but I havent tried any of the more expensive ones out there. If its a case of you get what you pay for then I am happy to spend more but its hard to know if its needed or not. ?
LAJ
05/04/2009 at 16:56

just got back from an unsuccessful trip to buy a sports bra. I tried the Enell, and it is too loose around my upper back and upper chest. I think the smaller size would probably be too small around the ribcage. I've also tried Royce impact free, and the shock absorber, but neither were good enough. am I expecting too much from a sports bra, as I'm a 32FF? I'm thinking of either trying to stitch the enell to see if that helps (though I'm loth to do that on such an expensive bra), or try the double-up method.

LAJ
05/04/2009 at 17:17
32FF?.....now that is impressive
05/04/2009 at 17:17
I love the Asda sports bras. They don't go up much past a 42D though I think.
Edited: 05/04/2009 at 17:42
05/04/2009 at 19:27

I have used shock absorbers B109 (level 4) for about 4 years, never rubbed or hurt, I was a 34F but lost weight due to all the running so now 34E. Still use B109. Get properly fitted though, I went to Debanams

05/04/2009 at 22:06

I've found that Debenhams are the only store that seems to have level 4s in stock, the rest have to order it for you.

LAJ  you should have tried the smaller size enell to see whether it would go over your rib cage. The sizing of them is wierd.

LAJ
06/04/2009 at 07:17
thanks NeverMind, I guess I'll have to try the next size down (I tried 2 other sizes). weird though as I'm in no way slim! must just have a small frame underneath all the fat.....
LAJ
06/04/2009 at 10:06
House of fraser have the full range of shock absorbers I got a B109 only last week £26
16/04/2009 at 21:49
i will try asda for a sports bra as i have only got support bras
17/04/2009 at 05:54
I had the Asda one not a patch on the shock absorber
17/04/2009 at 07:00

Enell every time keeps the breasticles in place and doesn't rub, they do look awful though but I'm all about the comfort. I am a 28FF and wear size 0 Enell. Shock absorbers only work for low impact stuff for me.

LAJ
17/04/2009 at 07:25

I had high hopes for the enell, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to suit my shape and there's no way to adjust it! I ordered a bunch of different brands so I could compare, but some are still delayed so I'm a bit annoyed. the freya active one isn't bad, but may need something over the top too.

LAJ
10/08/2009 at 13:08

Does anyone know if there is anywhere in Central/South London area that stocks the Elnell where I could go and try one on? I've only managed to find online stockists so far. 

I'm a 38FF and I don't really understand the Elnell sizing guides I've seen online. My other concern is that I read somewhere that the Elnell's aren't made of wicking material - does this cause a problem? I'm currently using just a cotton lyra type thing and I find it rubs my ribcage as it soaks up sweat so much, so it couldn't be any worse! But given the price tag, I'd rather invest in something that will last and do the job properly (even if it does give me the 'giant uni-boob' effect).

10/08/2009 at 13:17
I have a panache Sports bra, it's underwired and padded and doesn't rub and no movement http://www.lessbounce.com/acatalog/Panache_Hi_Impact_Sports_Bra.html
11/08/2009 at 16:11

Thanks for the link - how do you find the underwire? Can you feel it when you are running?

11/08/2009 at 16:45
Amakash wrote (see)

Thanks for the link - how do you find the underwire? Can you feel it when you are running?

not at all i hadn't even noticed it was there until I looked at it to write this post!  It's much better than the shock absorbers I find! I really like the fact that it is slightly padded too!
21/08/2009 at 15:38

Hiya,

Completely new to running, the advice in this thread has been helpful, but when looking up the Enell on a webpage it says suitable for C-E, i'm a 34G is there something that would be more suitable?

21/08/2009 at 18:04
I'm a 28G and wear an Enell size 0 no problem
21/08/2009 at 23:16
Hope you've found a bra that fits by now LAJ.  I'm a 28FF and as you can guess the whole sports bra thing is a problem for me too.  If you haven't had a proper bra fitting in the past year I really would reccomend Bravissimo - they sell shock absorber and Freya, both of which I use and have no problems with.  Sprts bras often fit differetnoy to normal bra's so you need to be sure what your normal size is first , you often need a slightly wider band width with a sprts bra.
21 to 40 of 55 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.