Best sports bra?

Best sports bra?

41 to 55 of 55 messages
21/08/2009 at 23:21

I'd just like to comment on the number of people (men!) who have viewed this thread in comparison to the number of people who have posted a comment!

Shame on you, you lurkers!!

(I use Sportjock bras and they are superb - and I am 32DD)

22/08/2009 at 06:51

I was wondering about Sportjock ST I might give one a try.

God knows what the lurkers think they will see (pictures?) sports bras are so deeply unsexy (or do we have lurking sports bras fetishists). Perhaps it's just discussion of the size of our boobies that titillates.

22/08/2009 at 09:14

<peeks out carefully from under the invisibility cloak>

Nah, they haven't spotted us, I think we're still safe chaps.

<disappears back under the cloak>

22/08/2009 at 19:37
Muttley are you sure that's a cloak of invisibility and not just a massive sports bra?
22/08/2009 at 23:20
It's just the average man's eternal quest to be sensitive to women's issues - honest. So many things we don't understand - like a sentence in the "How to chose a sports bra" link. It mentions "anoying big breasts". I guess I'm just not sensitive enough yet <sighs, returns to start of thread and tries again>.
OJO
26/08/2009 at 15:04

Hello, I hope you found one that fits by now too.

I always recommend www.lessbounce.com Yes, you have to go through ordering and returning if the size isn't right, but they're really good at giving advice by email. So if you've tried a couple and found the fit or support isn't right, they'll be well placed to advise.

Personally (32D) I like Champion Action Shape but find it a little hot in summer (it's a double layered, thick stretch cotton) and am going to try the shock absorber level 4 crop top with the racerback as an alternative.

The other advice I would give is to look out for vests with the "built in shelf", e.g. http://www.sweatshop.co.uk/details.cfm?ProdID=4626

In conjunction with a good bra, they do help to keep everything still.

27/08/2009 at 13:15
I am a very odd size, (42A) as I have very broad shoulders and have struggled to find something the right size. I have to say Less Bounce were very helpful and I am extremely happy with my Enell bra. Nothing moves, and don't think that because I have an A cup that I am flat - an A cup in relation to a 42in back is not flat!
29/08/2009 at 19:12
I too must sing the praises of the enell,., I have been an avid fan of the shock absorber level 4 bra for many years (and in that time I have veered from a 34f to a 32dd and back again) and I do remain a fan of the shock absorber..however after having my first baby this year and breast feeding I needed something more robust when I put my trainers back on but was still feeding,.. and the enell is it.  It is a little restrictive round the ribs but i can live with that if it means no bounceslapbounce (ouch and cue running all hunched over and miserable)  and it doesnt leave 'dig in' marks like I found the shock absorber to.  Very soft material and a bit odd to put on the first time but i am delighted with it!
29/08/2009 at 20:17

I think all the larger ladies on RW should have a "bounce off" to see who's the erm, mammy.

I can lay my hands on a camcorder to record the event for posterity.

29/08/2009 at 20:36
wouldn't a mamcorder be better JB?
30/06/2010 at 12:27

I'm another fan of the doubling up method - best I've ever found is the Sportjock D3 (the one with a zip) which is as supportive as the Enell (and as unflattering lol) but much less sweaty to wear.  I also like the Freya Active underwired bra which I wear for gym sessions.

Best option is to buy from Boobydoo or Less Bounce, both of whom provide great customer service and try on in front of a mirror (including jumping up and down) and send back anything which doesn't fell or look right.

04/08/2010 at 14:14

Hi ladies

If you pop into any Sweatshop store we have dedicated 'bra' staff to help you find the best sports bra for you. Our staff are now working with Dr joanna Scurr from Portsmouth University, also if you go in this weekend and buy shoes you can 15% off any non-sale sports bra.

Sweatshop 

12/10/2011 at 21:08

I would recommend Boobydoo an online sports retailer specializing in sports bras!

They have fantastic range and advice and free returns!

The Panache range are gorgeous! 

16/06/2012 at 12:10
Hi, I'm new to running. I've never worn a sports bra as I'm very small chested - I normally wear a 34AAA. Do I need to wear a sports bra, and if so, does anyone know where I can buy one in my size; on most websites I've looked at, sizing starts from an A cup
12/09/2013 at 10:50

Important factor behind wearing sports bra is comfort while running. You should feel comfort and relax while running.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 55 of 55 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.