Best sports bra?

Best sports bra?

1 to 20 of 55 messages
27/01/2009 at 19:04

Hi I'm nearly 17 and am looking for a really good sports bra. This has been partly the reason why I haven't been running that much recently, just a little bit of movement annoys me, its feels nasty and uncomfortable, especially as I'm a 34F. (Also I hate running along the road past cars if I feel my breastage is moving at all) I've tried a level four shock absorber, a pure lime, and an anita bra, but I keep just ending up having to wear two M&S ones together, which is well annoying, and not very good. I read a bit about the enell bra though, is it as good as it reads?? It looks good, but kind of like an armour, is it comfy? What are the best sports bras for girls with annoying big busts? Please help! Thank yoooou    

xxx

Edited: 27/01/2009 at 19:06
27/01/2009 at 19:20
Katface - Nothing moves in a enell bra. I did have one, but put on weight and I gave it away but it did rub me. The only bra that has not rubbed me is my Shock Absorber B109. Bodyglide is the answer to stop things rubbing.
27/01/2009 at 19:38
Enell, definately, it would hold a herd of elephants down. It looks hideous, but who cares?
27/01/2009 at 19:48
Are you sure you're wearing the right size bra? My feeling is that if the back size is too big it's likely to rub, and your norks will bounce. Have you tried going to Bravissimo for a proper fitting?
27/01/2009 at 19:52

i would go to lessbounce and ask advice from them - it's much better than the RW advice

and also search on here - there are tons of threads on this cos it is a common "problem"

27/01/2009 at 23:32
Also I think you really have to try a new sports bra on before buying- I find the sizing is usually totally wrong for me. I'm a 36B but my sports bra is meant for 32C-E... Anyway hope you find one!
28/01/2009 at 13:25

Hi Katface,

I have recently bought a black Enell bra and as most others have commented, it would hold a heard of elephants in place. Yes, I agree it's not the most attractive piece of kit, but being a 32DD I don't care, and no-one sees under a top anyway!!

It does feel slightly constrictive around back and under the bust but it is by far the best bra I have tried for keeping those bouncers under control, and being so snug, it doesn't rub in the slightest. Also, the material is excellent at keeping you dry.

I got mine from Booby Doo as Less Bounce didn't have any in stock and couldn't guarantee when I would receive one. Booby Doo delivered the next day!

They are expensive, but worth every penny. As SophieM said, go for a proper fitting first so you are clear in your own mind when you do decide to purchase. The sizing for the Enell states from 30 - 34 C - F and odd things, but there is a guide available on some websites.

Good luck and happy running!

28/01/2009 at 14:32
It is always best to try a sports bra on first. I am a 32-34DD and I am a 34E in Shock Absorbor bras.
29/01/2009 at 11:37

I have the Enell bra and can recommend it (I'm 34E and have size 2!).

Make sure it's tight enough though. I have 2 in the same size but they fit slightly differently so one of them is only suitable for low impact work, not running.

29/01/2009 at 18:22
Great thread, so informative......It would be better with pictures tho. 
M...eldy    pirate
29/01/2009 at 18:25
weirdo
29/01/2009 at 18:29
LOL  .....you have to give your bra size Meldy, to post on here
M...eldy    pirate
29/01/2009 at 18:30
its isnt an impressive statistic !!
29/01/2009 at 18:32

Chist on a bike is no where safe?

Oi Yifter - out!

M...eldy    pirate
29/01/2009 at 18:33
of course it isnt Siance ...  you know that have an inbuilt radar where knockers are concerned!
29/01/2009 at 18:38

I'm outta here....as you were ladies.

If only men knew what you had to go through.......I havent got over the herd of elephants yet!...ouch

29/01/2009 at 21:36
Yifty, I like to lurk on bra threads as much as any other bloke but given the OP's age maybe this isn't one for the banter, hmmm?
29/01/2009 at 22:04

Chill out Muttley....nearly 17yr olds are still allowed to laugh (not that I was aiming anything at OP)......

I hope you sort your norks out Katface(as SophieM called them), not that Ive ever heard them called that!

01/02/2009 at 16:42

Hi yes I have same problem - I wear normal bra (underwired) and shock absorber of the tri sports bra and then wear an t-shirt with hidden support.  It does work - but not very comfy.

All the best karen

01/02/2009 at 16:47
I have been wearing the Freya Active 30f but am now finding that it rubbing my back.  Does anyone of there is a bra out there with a gel strap?
1 to 20 of 55 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.