Blister Recovery

Advice needed

5 messages
08/12/2013 at 14:13

Hello, I did a 10-mile race 2 weeks ago, and emerged intact except for a couple of large blisters, which I immediately burst and cleaned. Since then I have run a 4-miler and 8-miler, but am very tender-footed - the new skin isn't really coping with running.  One solution is a long lay-off, but I feel this would be extreme, and in any case I am training for my first ultra, so really I need a quicker solution.  Does anyone have any ingenious ideas on this?

08/12/2013 at 14:33

Compeed blister plasters until it's healed.

08/12/2013 at 19:48
Either a compeed or even an Asda blister plaster. My racing flats sometimes give me blisters in the wet but have not had to miss a day by using either of the above products.
Cake    pirate
09/12/2013 at 17:41

Tim if any use to help stop a blister happening again vasaline will reduce the risk. Also if you want to do some running while it's healing will help a little just smear some on your feet and between the toes. Blodyglide with work as well but a bit more pricy.

14/12/2013 at 21:41

Where are the blisters? I used to wrap electrical tape a couple of times round the whole ball of my foot.  It is available in many nice bright colours.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.