Blisters - I know it's been done before

3 messages
07/06/2004 at 08:44
Morning all, I bought new shoes 6 weeks ago and they have been nothing but problems, blisters under the arch. So I changed the insole and now have blisters along the heel which are very big and sore should I bin the shoes, and what do I do about the blisters. Thank you
07/06/2004 at 13:40
hi ph0enix.

See this thread -

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/forummessages.asp?dt=4&UTN=38117&srchdte=0&V=6&SP=

I ran another 10k yesterday and the socks I was recommended in the this thread seem to work. Also to treat the blisters you currently have try a Compeed Blister kit, it acts as a second layer of skin, they take away a lot of the soreness and also help to clear up the blister quickly.

Apparently RW are giving away 50 blister kits this month to subscribers (pulled out of a hat). Not sure what the blister kit is, but might be worth looking at to see if they work.
07/06/2004 at 13:47
i always pop them with a needle -unsterilised -and then just dab them on a tissue -

if its torn or big might protect it with a plaster but otherwise find once the swelling and fluid has gone it stops being painful and just heals up

-unless you put the offending shoes back on

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.