Blisters from new trainers

21 to 23 of 23 messages
23/02/2003 at 17:58
Thanks for that, it seems like a tough call...I was crying not becasue of the pain but because I read enough to suggest that 'proper' shoes were the thing..and loook what happened..and only 6 weeks to go!

Taken hints from the other threads and lanced it in the hope that it will heal better...less painful now but still the size of a 2 pence piece.

Have you and others had a 'breaking in' thingy i.e. is it quite normal?

Will have to see which are the less painful to wear in a couple of days before I decide which to wear on Sunday...
24/02/2003 at 08:29
Ross,

The explanation by the running shop should have been that the shoes you bought suit your feet/build/running style and the types of runs you do e.g. on pavement, grass etc.

Presuming this advice is good I would keep the Saucony's, but would NOT wear them until after the FLM, presuming this is the biggy race you are mainly interested in.
If you are not injured by wearing the old shoes and get no problems in running longer distances in them they use these for training & the race, while breaking in the others by wearing them as casual shoes or if you do a small 1-2 mile run.

Good luck,
Rob
24/02/2003 at 19:56
Thanks for the comments. Miserably went back to the running shop today and got refitted...bless em they felt that I'd got a size to big [saw the owner]and should have been told not to do a long run.

So they fitted me with some Sacuony Trigold and took back the pair I'd had previously. Must say they're a lot more comfortable [higher round the ankle] and my faith in human's is restored...or is that runners...what a lovely man..even gave me a lesson about how to tie my laces!!

All hints well appreciated, will try not to make the same mistake twice. Thanks to the how to fix a blister thread too...lanced it and put on new skin and the world seems a better place.

Onwards and upwards..

Cheers.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.