blisters help!

shall i?

7 messages
08/11/2012 at 12:10

right got two beasts on both feet from breaking in new work boots 

obviously still going to run on sunday (10 miler) but whats everyone found the best way to prevent them from killing my times?

is it just a case of wrap the hell out of me feet and suck and see?

08/11/2012 at 12:14

If it was me, I'd drain them then stick compeed patches on. If the compeeds didn't cover them up or didn't reduce the discomfort to almost zero, I wouldn't run.

08/11/2012 at 13:24

thanks ill give that a try. hopefully i can still run 

08/11/2012 at 18:20

Tesco blister plasters are every bit as good as compeed and cost a quarter of the price.

08/11/2012 at 18:22
Oh, I completely agree. I use 'compeed' the way people use 'Hoover' to mean any vacuum cleaner. I do use actual compress but I buy them cheap on eBay - a fiver for 30 of them...
08/11/2012 at 19:32
I became very good with blisters after a very wet marathon, I was plagued by them for 6 months. Injinji toe socks cured them for me
08/11/2012 at 21:33
Compeer are the way to go with blisters, saved my bacon for the Birmingham half few weeks back, like a couple of extra layers of skin!! Thanks or the tip about ebay runs-with-dogs, paying a fiver for 5 bloody expensive!! Xx

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.