Blisters... my cure...

4 messages
27/03/2013 at 19:40

I have an issue with blisters... I've used just about every shoe and sock possible. I've had several shoe fittings and played with tight fit and loose fit aswell as what the guy in the shop said was perfect.

I've used Compeed, no compeed... Vaseline, no vaseline... Mono skin socks, twin skin...

Today I think i found a solution... 

I put a pair of my wives 'pop socks' on (for blokes - these are made of nylon 'tights' material). These were tight - she's a 7, I'm a 9! I then put a pair of hilly mono skins over the top. Effectively my own version of a twin skin sock. 15 miles later and NO BLISTERS!!

Had to share... Any other tips for blisters??

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
28/03/2013 at 09:10
I think you are finding a way to explain wearing your wives clothes !

Nylon socks must sweat like hell, and make things worse
28/03/2013 at 11:41

I had a similar problem with my joggers nipple, I tried all the vaseline and creams but it didn't work, so I tried a new twist, I carried out many experiments and like you found a surprising cure, I used a bra borrowed from my neighbours washing line, and hey presto no nipple issues.

Dave I would expect people like yourself should be more understanding, Manic-me and I have worked hard for our cures.

Dustboy    pirate
28/03/2013 at 14:22

Opens pringles & a tinnie. NEXT!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.