Blisters

4 messages
27/05/2014 at 19:32

I know, lots of threads on here about blisters. I did have a search about my particular problem but couldn't find anything.

I have had a blister on the inside of the ball of my foot, seemed pretty painless until I ran the Tewkesbury half on Sunday. After about 7 miles I felt like I had a stone in my shoe, then a beach ball! Was gobsmacked when I took my shoe off, it's about 3 inches long & 2 inches wide & a bloody mess, I've popped it & it seems to have dried out a bit, less painful.

I have high arches & wide feet, run in New Balance 1080v3 in a 2E size. Have tried blister socks & ran in them on Sunday, Vaseline didn't help. Thought maybe that the 2E is too wide & my foot is moving about? So bought some new Mizuno Wave Rider 17 & my feet go numb after 15 mins or so. Kind of feels like that area is being pinched in them when my foot lands. Any suggestions what could be causing this? Impossible question maybe...or ways to keep me able to run through it? I'm in great form, set a PB by 90 seconds on Sunday, seems a shame to have time off!

27/05/2014 at 20:22

Blisters is alright. I quite like him

28/05/2014 at 06:08

As a fellow shovel footed chap I would guess that the Shoes are not wide enough- you prob need the 4E width and a half/one size up. also the blister is most likely from where your foot is rolling in as you land(which is good), but if the shoes are not wide enough your foot will be rubbing on the edge as it overhangs the side of the shoe, kinda like a muffin top if you get my drift.

if the shoes are wide enough then you probably need to lace them a bit more securely  in towards the ankle to stop them slipping about too much. I love mine loose at the toes, but with just enough wiggle room at the ankle for my heel to lift half an inch of the insole. The other thing is you will get a dent in the insole where the ball of your foot lands and if your foot is flapping about it will grate on the edges of the dent and again cause issues.

hope that all helps- I've been there and got the these-hurt!

28/05/2014 at 20:40

I had INGROWING nail and blister on the toe, I did a pedicure with nail drill and is well. Always clean and sterile tools and professionalism. High-quality service. www.purefeetspa.co.uk

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.