Blurred Vision after Exercise

21 to 22 of 22 messages
24/07/2014 at 01:02

I'm not so sure. I generally stay pretty hydrated and had water with me. The fact it's in both eyes seems to suggest it's coming from the brain? I also got the headache the guy's are describing above within another half hour. I had even dropped some electrolytes and nurofen after reading the post. Curious. I guess I'm trying to rule out mini-strokes etc. Might go and see the doc anyway and see what they say.

28/07/2014 at 13:21

As others have said, it sounds like the aura phase of a migraine - google 'scintillating scotoma'. I used to get this regularly (2-3 times a month), sometimes when my blood sugar was low but other times there wasn't an obvious explanation. I had an MRI scan (all clear) then went on medication (beta blockers) to try and stop it happening but didn't like the side effects so decided to just live with them instead. I have no idea if this is related, and the doctor doesn't seem to know either, but about 18 months ago I discovered I was anaemic and started taking iron tablets. Since then, I get the visual thing about once every 3 months if that.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 22 of 22 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.