Body fat/body composition scales

21 to 24 of 24 messages
18/12/2012 at 13:30

So...basically, no one can advise snailgirl on which ones are a good buy?!

18/12/2012 at 15:10

Snailgirl - I don't think there is any need to pay 80 quid for decent BF scales, but I would avoid the handheld ones.

Check this on amazon - seems like a good price and there are plenty of customer reviews.

I've got a set by Tanita, which are okay for plotting a trend.  Not so good when the trend is upwards, though 

18/12/2012 at 21:48

Intersting discussion - in the last two weeks I've finally reached the "Healthy" bar on the BMI scale, which is all about weight and height, nothing to do with fat. Was toying with the idea of some Fat% scales, but have held off so far.

In the fortnight since becoming "Healthy", a number of people at work have asked me if I've lost weight, one asked if I was anorexic and someone who's noticed me losing weight over the last year told me it was time to stop, I'd lost enough.

At 6'2" and 13st 7lb, I reckon I'm pretty healthy, though all the readily available "what's the right weight for your height" type calculators reckon I've still got a way to go (again, with no knowledge of how much exercise I get).

Onto my second replacement of suits/shirts in a year, need to make some extra belt-holes...

20/12/2012 at 16:26

Did anyone manage to consider that the only way to accurately measure body fat is to die, have it cut off and weighed. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.