Book on eating/nutrition/running

7 messages
21/12/2005 at 13:33
I am running FLM and, as well as following training schedules, would like to make sure I am eating properly to best aid my chances of finishing.

Can anyone recommend any books they have found useful and beneficial?

Thanks
21/12/2005 at 13:36
21/12/2005 at 13:37
Hi Schmunkee - I thoroughly recommend 'The Complete Guid to Sports Nutrition' by Anita Bean. Easy, interesting, informative, practical.

Good luck.
21/12/2005 at 13:37
Actually, just read you post...to be honest just eat normally if just training for 1st marathon. Forget the book unless you're interested in this or planning on doing `0 hours plus training.
WildWill    pirate
21/12/2005 at 13:38
The Anita Bean book is one of the best an easy to understand therefore a good place to start
21/12/2005 at 13:38
"10" even
23/12/2005 at 12:47
The thing is....I have been doing Atkins and have successfully managed to lose 2.5 stone. I have started to introduce carbs and have noticed the weight is starting to go back on.

What I would really like is a book that will advise me how to re-introduce the right level of carbs to build endurance but keep the weight off

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.