Bottom Pain!

And a half marathon in 9 days!

4 messages
14/03/2013 at 18:36

Hi There I was wondering if anyone could help? On The 3rd of march I had a rowing race but unfortunately had to make up numbers in another boat too so ended up running 16km! The next tuesday I went for a 5 mile run with no problem however I got back and felt a slight twinge when I got up but nothing serious. The next day I tried running again it was ok for the first half but I had to walk home because it really hurt at the very bottom of my back top of bum to the right of the tail bone. Its also painful when i put trousers on that type of thing. I rested it until today and tried on the treadmill but couldnt and I have scheduled runs tomorrow tuesday and a half marathon next weekend!

Does anyone know what this could be or how to  cure it? Sorry for such a long answer.

Many Thanks

M...eldy    pirate
14/03/2013 at 18:38

Piriformis ???

14/03/2013 at 18:42

I tried a Half Marathon with this injury after resting it for a week. Went ok for 5 miles when it decided to 'let go' completely.

Ended up having a ride to the finish in the back of an ambulance.

Took a month to sort out.

14/03/2013 at 19:06

Piriformis links up with sciatica.  Serious sciatica will stop you walking 4 hundred yards, sitting still for 10 minutes, driving more than 100 miles or even sleeping without pain.

I'd say don't run and go see a physio... I may be completely wrong, but that sounds familiar (if you are 28 it may be different to being 58).

PS I now send the physio a Christmas card.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.