Breakfast Ideas

1 to 20 of 32 messages
06/09/2002 at 10:23
I like to eat cereal for breakfast as it is my main source of milk. Can anyone recommend a cereal that doesn't leave me hungry 2 hours later. So far I've found Weetabix to be the best - any ideas ?
06/09/2002 at 10:42
Hi. I've found a yummy muesli - Jordans Organic Crunchy (Raisins & Coconut). I'm not really a muesli person but it's very filling and has sugar (organic of course) in it so it's not too blah!
06/09/2002 at 13:01
Kellogg's Multigrain Start - can't go wrong. Tastes 'grrrreat' (or is that another one?) and the milk doesn't make it go soggy - bonus. Not available in all supermarkets, I get mine from Sainsburys.
06/09/2002 at 15:02
Nebula, having a bowl of cereal, even a high-fibre one, is almost guaranteed to leave you hungry mid-morning. Adding something with a bit of fat and protein (boiled/poached egg? kippers? slice of bread with fat-reduced soft cheese?) will make all the difference. Alternatively, make sure you have a healthy mid-morning snack with you.
06/09/2002 at 15:46

Some weirdo on these boards likes Tuna Pizza for breakfast :D ;)
06/09/2002 at 16:00
Worse than tuna pizza - one mate of mine used to have mashed banana and tomato ketchup sandwiches. Disgusting.
06/09/2002 at 16:01
a friend of mine used to have ketchup sandwiches. now thats disgusting!
06/09/2002 at 16:03

My sister used to eat salami and strawberry jam sandwiches.
06/09/2002 at 16:03
ok - now that's just plain weird!
06/09/2002 at 16:06
Strange how it's everyone's "mate", "friend" or "sister", isn't it? I must admit to cold pizza breakfasts occasionally, bolognese being my favourite. Probably not overly healthy, thinking about it!
06/09/2002 at 16:16

I assure you it is my sister, I hate strawberry jam on its own, never mind with salami.
I have to admit tho my favourite breakfast is biscuits, preferbly the whole packet. Not very healthy tho.
06/09/2002 at 16:22
Not healthy, but I could live with that - esp if jammy dodgers. Moving it back onto a more nutritionous level, Jaffa cakes are very good snacks if you're into the biscuit thing - tons of carbs and very low fat. Great running food - but that still leaves the old question of whether they are a cake or a biscuit...
06/09/2002 at 18:22
Elvis used to eat peanut butter and banana sandwiches - fried!

My breakfast is always the same - porridge made with full fat soya milk. Cup of tea with skimmed cow's milk. Oh yes, and a banana in the porridge. I love this breakfast so much, that it is my favourite meal of the day, and even waking up isn't so bad because I know that eating it is the first thing I'll do that day.
06/09/2002 at 19:39
Don't think I fancy too many of the above suggestions !!!! particularly anything involving ketchup., but thanks for all your help.

Will try "Start" and perhaps equip myself with a decent mid-morning snack.
06/09/2002 at 20:37
Back to the cereals - I swear by Shreddies - definitely more filling than Weetabix. I sometimes add a sliced banana on top.
06/09/2002 at 21:01
So what's wrong with tuna pizza for breakfast, Gemini? I hasten to add that it's freshly cooked (even if I don't make my own pizza dough) - cold leftover pizza is one step to far even for me. Rubbery cheese - urgh!

I like to breakfast on other sorts of leftovers, though. Had a big portion of chicken, pasta and veg in spicy tomato sauce this morning, heated up in the microwave at work and eaten straight out of the plastic box. Very low fat, and I didn't need a midmorning snack afterwards.

In theory, I suppose us big breakfasters should have weensy little evening meals to compensate, but if I try that I wake up hungry in the night.

Shame, because I love breakfast cereals, especially Shreddies, Honey Nut Shredded Wheat, and those granola-type things that were recently pronounced to be as nutritious as chocolate chip cookies (although I eat those like sweeties, without milk). Then someone brought out a cereal which IS chocolate chip cookies. NOT tempted! Also partial to toast and marmalade, nice water-free grilled bacon from a pig that lived a happy life, and beans on toast.

Less than 12 hours till breakfast. Yippee!
08/09/2002 at 10:20
Sorry V no-one can convince me that tuna pizza for breakfast is a sane idea.
I usually have porridge for breakfast, its not my favorite but I go running at lunch time so I need something that will sustain me. At the weekend I tend to have Alpen unless bad people tempt me with fry-ups or croissants (which is actually what I will be having today)
09/09/2002 at 06:22
I have a slim-fast bar (or eqivelant) with a glass of milk in the morning. Pretty yummy, and when I'm in a rush they're brill.
Other than that, porridge, if I've got a bit of time.

Still hungry a couple of hours later....almost time for my snack now actually......
09/09/2002 at 07:42
My favourite "fill-me-up" breakfasts are also probably really bad for me:
Cake
Bread and Cheese

In other words, the sort of breakfast you get served in a continental hotel.
27/09/2002 at 13:04

Porridge and freshly picked blackberries, combined, over the last few months.

The blackberry season has now finished, sadly.
1 to 20 of 32 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.