Breakfast

any ideas?

15 messages
23/04/2003 at 13:34
After getting back from the swimming pool today, I've decided that during the summer holiday's I'm going to have to swim before work two days a week. This means I'm going to have to eat breakfast at work. Usually I have weetabix and milk, but I don't want to take milk to work with me incase it spills in my bag.
Any ideas for sensible breakfasts that are easily portable?
23/04/2003 at 13:40
What about those new cereal thingies which have the portion of milk sealed in them? Or possibly cereal bars and a Banana...?
23/04/2003 at 13:55
Or can you chip in an extra quid to the work kitty for 'tea and coffee milk' and use that on your weetabix?

23/04/2003 at 13:59
or buy some milk when you get to work?
23/04/2003 at 14:00
I will have to have a look at the cereal things with milk sealed in them. Cereal bars concern me 'cos they always have so much sugar in them.
The milk kitty at work might be the answer. At the moment I don't contribute to it - as I don't drink tea or coffee, but that might be the best answer.
Thanks for the suggestions.
23/04/2003 at 14:07
I have skyr (a sort of thick icelandic yoghurt - don't think you can get it in the UK) and oats, mashed up with a banana in the mornings.

It's quite thick and gloopy so I can put it in a tupperware and eat it when I get to where I'm going. And it's yum.
23/04/2003 at 14:19
I've got a recipe for flapjacks that you could make and bring to work, as I often do if I'm in a hurry (you can also make them sweeter or less sweet depending on your preference) The oats are good for slow release energy. Can email to you if you want.
23/04/2003 at 14:24
Oooh, flapjacks sound really yummy. I would love the recipe. They would be good to take to work as a snack, even if I don't have it for breakfast.
23/04/2003 at 14:30
Will email it to you later. I did post it on the 'Do you want to lose weight' thread a while back but it keeps crashing when I try to find it.
23/04/2003 at 14:33
Crusty bread with butter and honey, and fresh fruit, my Monday morning breakfast at work.
23/04/2003 at 14:33
Boots Tuna Nicoise Salad
Ypghurt with a selection of seeds
Ham and cheese
23/04/2003 at 14:36
Tuna nicoise salad for brekky? Noooooooo

23/04/2003 at 15:22
No reason why breakfast should be restricted to what the food processing industry has taught us to regard as appropriate "breakfast" foods. I quite like soup and bread (though that's not very portable unless you've got a microwave or a good vacuum flask) or sandwiches for breakfast, and on Friday my daughter and I prepared ourselves for a day on the hills by breakfasting on chicken in black bean sauce, microwaveable rice (thanks, FLM!) and malt loaf.
23/04/2003 at 15:31
Hi Vrap,
I'm not sure I could face chicken in black bean sauce that early in the day!
Sandwiches sound a pretty good idea though.
And malt loaf is good for any time of the day!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.
23/04/2003 at 15:41
I'm an early-in-the day eater, and can't think of anything I'd eat at dinner that I couldn't also manage within half an hour of getting out of bed in the morning. Tomorrow morning, I'm planning to have Christmas pudding and custard for breakfast because nowadays I rarely feel like having pudding in the evening.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
15 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.