Bright, Breezy and Beautiful

FFF Sun 11th March

1 to 20 of 91 messages
11/05/2003 at 06:43
Morning all

Here I am brewing coffee and getting breakfast ready for our intrepid moonwalkers.
I'm going to go and pick them up in a bit.
I'll leave the computer on so they can add their bit when they get back :-)

JJ
11/05/2003 at 06:48
I've just finished my Shreddies and I'm about to start getting ready to head out. Looking forward to meeting all the mad Moonwalkers (and supporters) at Hogsmill!!

Cheers, Soo.
11/05/2003 at 07:54
Up and not quite awake. Saw some amazing costumes last night at the Moonwalk - the most surreal being the Mayor of Swindon who had a "Dougall" bra on, as their team was all dressed in a Magic Roundabout theme...

See you at Hogsmill. It's a gorgeous blue sky day :-)
11/05/2003 at 08:01
Good running and watching to all bound for Hogsmill! Hope the sun shines warmly on you all!
11/05/2003 at 08:05
What! aren't they back yet?

Whatever are they doing, it's only 26 miles - should have been home before the clubs closed (maybe that's the problem, perhaps it was pixie's shift pole dancing at Stringfellows).

FFF Quiz:
How many of our gallant bunch of superstars got round without a break in the conversation?

- My money's on 2

Have a great day all.
11/05/2003 at 08:18
Which 2, Nick?
11/05/2003 at 08:38
Welcome back all you Moonwalkers, have a great time in the Hogsmill!

Off on a day trip to Kent so see you all later...
11/05/2003 at 09:04
Hello!

Fraggle, Bune, Helen Wheels, FR and Velociraptor calling Earth. Anyone at home?

Nick, the words "only" and "26 miles" do not belong side by side.

Hogsmill beckons. JJ is collecting Pix, RD and Benz now.
Trogs    pirate
11/05/2003 at 09:06
See you soon guys.
11/05/2003 at 09:08
Many Many Congrats Moonwalkers.

How did it go?
11/05/2003 at 09:17
Any news moonwalkers?
11/05/2003 at 09:22
congratulations, Moonwalkers!
11/05/2003 at 09:34
Hi there moonwalkers...how'd it go ???
11/05/2003 at 09:52
hoy! fruity reindeer, get back here and give's the report!!
11/05/2003 at 11:10
Somebody somewhere.........???????????
11/05/2003 at 11:49
where are you Moonwalkers ???? We want report, gossips, photos ect....LOL

Well done and I hope you had a good time, we were all thinking of you.
STOP HIDING.....LOL
11/05/2003 at 14:02
Hello! Very drowsy dinosaur disguised as JJ here, and speaking on behalf of a quorum of Forum Moonwalkers...

Got off to a good start. Playtex City was less cringeworthy than it could have been, and the hermetically sealed organic vegetarian food was remarkably pleasant. The place was busy and lively, the entertainment was good, and the baggage storage was extremely well-organised.

The start was delayed slightly due to pressure of numbers (allegedly) and the first few miles were very slow due to crowds and bottleneckng. It improved later, especially once the half-marathoners had separated from the full-mooners.

Helen Wheels and I managed to lose everyone else at the start. We met FR, Bune and Fraggle later, and dragged FR along with us for the rest of the walk. Bune and Fraggle stopped after 15 miles because Fraggle was having a lot of problems with her knee, and they very kindly arranged for us to have coffee waiting at the end. We took about 7 hours 45 mins to get round. EP, Hippo and RD came in a little later.

Huge thanks to JJ for picking us up and looking after us - showers, gorgeous soup and coffee, and a chance to meet her lovely fmily.
11/05/2003 at 14:07
...And the event itself? Well, after the lively start it sort of squibbed out and was just groups of people, some in fancy dress, plodding round London. There was little crowd support (not surprising at that time of night), a bit of heckling (FR received some surprisingly unkind comments), and the marshalling was fantastic. Well done and thanks, all you volunteers who bothered to turn out and managed to stay so cheerful and encouraging.

Had I not had Forumite company, I think I would have slit my throat from boredom. I won't do this one again. I will, however, be back at Hogsmill next year, though not dressed as a fairy.

Especially well done Womble, who was 6th in the Moonwalk AND did Hogsmill.
11/05/2003 at 14:07
we need photos josie!
11/05/2003 at 14:45
I agree with Vrap, it did get monotonous, I was expecting a real carnival atmosphere but there wasn't any. The marshalls were great but the walkers just walked along head down. Maybe it was tiredness!

I don't think I'd do it again.

Having said that, it was agood chance to dress up!!
1 to 20 of 91 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.