Brighton Sunday 17th Nov

Good Luck all FFF Members

21 to 37 of 37 messages
17/11/2002 at 18:35
Well done to all you Brighton lot. How did you recognise each other? (Am assuming Benz not in pyjamas etc. etc.)
17/11/2002 at 18:36
Might as well have been
Some of us had names on back, othrwise we just asked
Was how I met Sassie
Psi
17/11/2002 at 18:45
Very much so JJ. Well, not really bored, just knackered :)
17/11/2002 at 19:00
Know that feeling :-) My knees are killing me, I think it was driving after a race.
The Evil Pixie    pirate
17/11/2002 at 19:31
Guys it was fantastic to see you all finally ... JJ wow whay a time!
maccy you don't look like london prode at all!
sassie - well done!
redhead yipee!
Benz 10K in one that was fantastic!
me - well I was pathetic, awful, died. Can't belive how much condidtion I have lost these last 2-3 wks... very disappointed.

Had a bad attach to the mothers when I finished "have your coat, don't get cold, want to stretch against the rails liek everyone else" etc etc
But mum had a bad back (nearly didn't come) so that's why I didn't stay after I go dragged to the leisure center for a shower!

My legs are well tired now and I feel rather annoyed and frustrated, but even more detirmed to get out there.
Shins are fine though! :-))))

Got an 8.5K XC in 3 weeks so need to work up for that now!

Take care all, may be back later!
17/11/2002 at 19:33
Well done ep
you know youre a real runner when you want to keep improving!!
17/11/2002 at 20:16
Thanks EP & Benz for compliments on weight. I still want to lose a stone so hope you're not chucking me out the club.

Didn't feel very skinny at 9k - felt I had lead in the feet!

But to those who haven't read the other site I did manage new PB in my second race by completing the course in 43mins 41secs. (Knocked 2mins off last race!)

Chuffed or what!

15 weeks ago I started walk / jog for 20 mins and was knackered then.

Nice to meet some of you and sorry to shoot off - Family and I went to "Brown's" for a very reasonable lunch before heading home.

Where's the next one?
17/11/2002 at 20:21
How did you get faster maccy
Dont answer that, best reason to lose weight i ever heard
17/11/2002 at 20:44
EP I did wait, but I thought I'd missed you. Did miss you and Benz at the pub. Never mind next time :-)
The Evil Pixie    pirate
17/11/2002 at 21:38
JJ
Benz and I have already agreed for a girlie time at Reading ... being my home town no relying on others for transport I can stay!!
Not too sure about 2.10 just now though!
17/11/2002 at 21:41
its ages away, we can improve
PMA, as Bune would say
The Evil Pixie    pirate
17/11/2002 at 21:42
must goto bed as I am shattered. feel asleep in the car home (when mum was driving!)
Going to aim for a walk tomorrow lunch to keep the legs going and possibly a little run tuesday .. gym induction wednesday - benz has already given me instructions on "speedwork!"
17/11/2002 at 21:45
Check out my thread on training, lots of useful advice already
Ep, youre a STAR
17/11/2002 at 21:48
Lovely meeting you all

-I'm on for reading
17/11/2002 at 21:49
Yipppeee
17/11/2002 at 21:50
yo EP - hurrah for you - take it is easy this week pix - dont push those tired legs too much - upper body work this week maybe and gentle frecovery stuff!

Benz - speedwork ? dont push yourself so much you get injured - you have got all the time you need to improve - theres no hurry!
17/11/2002 at 21:53
have been trying to do it last few weeks
Not correctly though, so im getting advice
Dont worry, i have an inbuilt protecting sensor when it comes to exercise
it doesnt work for sleep derpivation or mental stress though

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 37 of 37 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.