Bristol Physio

Please recomend me one

5 messages
27/05/2007 at 21:37
Please can those peeps who live in Bristol help me out. I am suffering from ITB problems which have just resulted in my missing a marathon. I am thinking of getting a second opinion on how best to sort it out so if anyone can recommend a really good physio from personal experience who understands runners/has sorted out ITB problems for them (preferably in North Bristol)I would really appreciate it.
28/05/2007 at 09:33
Hi Babu

I have a couple of recommendations for you:

Dave Adler is based in Kingswood. Not exactly North Bristol but I used to drive across from Redland to see him. I've been treated by him, as have Trinity and RichK who both frequent RW forums from time to time.

However, in the end I stuck with seeing an Osteopath called Becky Osbourne who practices in Clevedon and from her home in Ashton. Again, not terribly close to North Bristol but very good.

I would highly recommend both to you, though sway more towards the osteopath. If you want her number, send me a message via the forums (or search for her on Yell).
28/05/2007 at 13:58
Keith James in Westbury Park is excellent at sports injuries. Used to be Bristol Rugby physio before setting up on his own.
28/05/2007 at 18:17
I can recommend a BRILLIANT physio in Clifton in Bristol. They are Clifton physiotherapy
http://www.cliftonphysio.co.uk/
I see Lisa and Pauline and they have really really helped me. They are recommended by the Bupa spinal consultant and are very sympathetic to runners and their injuries. I am sure they are as good with ITB probs as they are at backs.
Please go and see them they are fantastic, I can't recommend them highly enough

30/05/2007 at 08:32
Thanks all for your recommendations, that's given me a good starting point.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.