Bruised Ankle Tendons

do i need different shoes??

2 messages
24/05/2006 at 14:21
Hello, ive been suffering from really painful ankles so i went to teh doctor, he sai di had bruised teh tendosn in my ankles and to leave off running for at least 3 weeks.

i left it 4 and did a light 1.3m last week, and my ankles started hurting again.

Do you think I might need some different type shoes? or am i just going to be in pain forever?

Im doing the GNR in october and need to start proper training, any advice greatly received!!
25/05/2006 at 12:18
Helen
You'll find many threads here about achilles problems and maybe you'll find some help there. Obviously good shoes help - I know myself - but I would have thought if you hurt after 1 mile after a 4 week rest you should seek some better advice - find a physio in your area and see what he has to say - it might be £40 or thereabouts well spent.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.