Bruised ankle

1 message
03/04/2006 at 07:48
Can anyone help ? I have what I think is an odd problem. On longer runs (approx 8 miles+) I am getting a bruise developing on my right ankle. It about the size of a 10p on the back of the bone (achillies side). It is uncomfortable when running and very tender when I stop. It is visibly bruised but after a couple of hours the main tenderness goes away but can linger slightly for a day or so in a minor way. The bruising stays for a couple of days. I have changed my shoes recently, but they are identical to my last pair. I don't remember any trauma to my ankle - even a minor one. It doesn't happen on shorter runs of about 6 miles or less. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be the cause or how to stop it happening ?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.