bruised toe pads!

2 messages
18/11/2009 at 14:30

Hello,

Maybe this has come up before but as I'm a complete luddite I can't find it.

I'm getting up to the 6 mile mark (for the first time) now but ... on anything over 5 miles the pads of my toes are really hurting - both feet. They feel like they are bruised and I have to try and run on my heels a bit more.  Once I stop for 10 mins they are fine for walking and don't hurt and don't look brusied.

I have good socks and good proper running / not too old trainers. 

I also get the same when I walk for a long time (say up Snowdon or some such).  Again I've got all the right gear.

Can anyone suggest a fix?! 

I'd really like to get up to a half marathon @ some point.

Thanks in advance.

18/11/2009 at 15:21
Are you sure you have shoes with sufficient cushioning? Also your running action might need looking at. I used to bounce along with big strides like I used to do when running 400m but, after a few related injuries, now I have a more efficient and less impacting `shuffle`!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.