Burning thighs

4 messages
14/02/2014 at 22:35

About 2.5 months ago I developed a pain in my hips, thighs and buttocks. It seems to be triggered by sitting, especially in the car and starts in my hips before spreading out in to my buttocks and down the back of my thighs, it feels like a burning sensation and sometimes leads the muscles to spasm which is very painful! It is also painful to lie on my side(s) especially in my hips. I'm being sent for an MRI but I wondered if anyone else had, had the same and what if anything helped.

I would appreciate any advice as it will be a while before I get any results (assuming they find anything) and it's dragging me down - especially as I've been told by the physio to lay off the running. 

15/02/2014 at 02:38

Well if running was the cause, lay off it.

15/02/2014 at 14:20

Have you ever had abdominal surgery? It so,it could be meralgia paraesthetica.

15/02/2014 at 19:19

Dean - very longshot - MP is only lateral thigh and nowhere else. Numbness, pins & needles and altered sensation at a push. Never butt or hips.

Sounds nervey, with secondary stiff going on (lying on your side)...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.