BUST A BLOOD VESSEL?

Swelling and huge bruise follows long run.

1 message
16/11/2012 at 22:10

I am a charity supporting runner with aspirations to do a second half marathon. Having run 11 miles early one morning I felt smug - it went well, I felt good, tired but no pains. Did my stretches as normal, up to bed with a cup of tea for the missus, and showered. About an hour after the run finished, I experienced an excrutiating cramp-like pain on the inner aspect of my left thigh accompanied by a swelling about the size of a tennis ball. The swelling was slow to disappear but did so after a few hours but I still ache there nearly a week later. Two days after the run a livid bruise appeared, stretching from the top inside of the thigh to half way down my calf. How can running cause such a major bleed? What did I do wrong? Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Can't run now, fed up.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.