calf-injury

help and advice

1 message
14/08/2013 at 16:38

any advice for me please.
i started running 5months ago (from couch). got to 13mile runs after 3 months and was doing them about 1:53. surprise surprise i sustained some injury to both ankles/calves and i rested for it for 2 weeks. i then did the dundee 13m race. i did the race in 2:00 but was very sore throughout. the pain in my ankles and calves were as before but obviously more severe in pain especially when i had been sleeping or sitting for even short periods of time.
i have since rested for 3.5 weeks and and my ankles/calves feels a lot better (probably to the point that i maybe able to run).
i have another 1/2 marathon in 10 days time exactly. it would mean a total of 5 weeks off any running.
should i do it? would my fitness have dropped to a level that i won't ba able to complete the race? i have paid flights to this place already.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.