Calf Socks

4 messages
20/02/2012 at 12:27
Ok they probably have an official title, but basically they are socks to support your calves

someone recommended them to me, as I seemed to have pulled a muscle ( no one can shed any light on my pulled muscle ) and i had pain round my ankle and then half way up my leg

I bought some and wore them and they are fab they have really helped, but wondered if anyone ran with their running socks underneath them

I love my running socks and the calf socks were nowhere near as comfortable and didnt want to end up getting blisters with them

I ran with my running socks under them this morning and actually that felt much better but is that the norm, i have no idea

when i went to the gloucester marathon last month i saw loads of people wearing calf socks so figured someone on here must know

thanks for any advice would really appreciate it
20/02/2012 at 14:04

If wearing your running socks underneath the compression socks works for you then keep doing that, but you can also get footless compression calf sleeves - then you don't have to worry about layering.

X2U are supposed to be very good, but do a search online for "compression calf sleeves" and it'll bring up loads of products  

20/02/2012 at 14:54
ooh thanks very much thats brilliant

and thanks compression socks, see i knew they had a fancy name really hahaha
21/02/2012 at 12:25

My pleasure  

The name is only fresh in my mind because my BF dragged me into sports shop to buy some a couple of weeks ago after I kept complaining about tight calves  

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.