Calling all doctors, sports physiotherapist

Bilateral inguinal hernia

7 messages
19/02/2014 at 00:20

Hi all I have a suspected bilateral inguinal hernia and have an ultrasound later this week. My question is if I can deal with the pain while running would I cause myself any more or lasting damage continuing to run, VLM in eight weeks for a charity so would like to continue training. Would a hernia belt help to reduce the pain while running? I have been prescribed naproxen to help with the pain but they don't really do a lot. Is there any other type of medication I can take to ease this type of pain. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you....

19/02/2014 at 00:44
Ask your doctor/consultant. Unless of course they have already told you not to run and you are hoping to be told that it is ok to run, by some fucking genius on here who didn't bother with medical training because it was beneath them.
19/02/2014 at 08:50

Don't want to be rude but why do you ask this on a forum? Ask you own doctor and discuss your plan with him after your final diagnosis. Maybe he is able to help you out with a solution. Don't rely on a forum for your own health! Good luck

19/02/2014 at 17:15

Agree with all the above. I wouldn't trust anyone on here for spot on advice....

19/02/2014 at 19:36
Just thought I would ask as nobody including my GP will give me a definitive answer....
19/02/2014 at 20:59

Probably since he wants to see the results of the ultrasound  first. That result, together with your story and the physical examination performed by your GP will be the basis of the answer later. Just ask him again after all this and you will probably get an answer. Trust me, I am a doctor -)

21/02/2014 at 01:11

Thank you runningmax, tried to run tonight but it is so painful I couldn't manage anything, think I have now answered my own question.....????

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.